En alguno de nuestros blogs te hemos ayudado a preparar una paella de marisco y una tortilla de patatas, al mismo tiempo que aprendías nuevo vocabulario. Ahora en esta nueva clase de inglés te vamos a describir diez famosas tapas españolas, incluso con sus ingredientes.
Aprenderás nuevo vocabulario pero sobre todo sería un buen ejercicio que luego tú se lo explicases a tus amigos en inglés. Practica inglés hablando. Cuanto más hables en inglés, mejor te desenvolverás.
Top ten most famous Spanish tapas and ingredients
- Patatas bravas: This tapa consists of fried potatoes that are typically served with a spicy tomato-based sauce or aioli, and are usually cut into small cubes and are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The ingredients include potatoes, olive oil, and salt. The sauce usually contains tomatoes, garlic, chili peppers, and paprika.
- Tortilla española: Also known as a Spanish omelet, this tapa is made with potatoes, onions, and eggs. The dish is cooked on the stove and then flipped to cook both sides evenly. The ingredients include potatoes, onions, eggs, olive oil, and salt.
- Croquetas: These are small fried balls made from a mixture of bechamel sauce and various fillings such as ham, chicken, or cheese. They are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The ingredients for the bechamel sauce include butter, flour, milk, and salt. The filling ingredients depend on the type of croquetas being made.
- Gambas al ajillo: This tapa consists of shrimp that are cooked in garlic and olive oil. The shrimp are usually served in a small clay dish with the garlic oil drizzled on top. The ingredients for this dish include shrimp, garlic, olive oil, chili flakes, and parsley.
- Calamares a la romana: This tapa is made from small squid that is battered and fried. It is typically served with a wedge of lemon and a garlic mayonnaise sauce. The ingredients for the batter include flour, eggs, and water. The squid is typically seasoned with salt and lemon juice.
- Pimientos de Padron: These are small green peppers that are fried and salted. They are usually served as a tapa and are a popular dish in Galicia. The ingredients for this dish include Padron peppers, olive oil, and sea salt.
- Boquerones en vinagre: This tapa consists of marinated anchovies that are typically served cold. The anchovies are marinated in vinegar and garlic and are often served with olives and bread.
- Salmorejo: This is a cold soup made from tomatoes, bread, olive oil, garlic, and vinegar. It is typically served in a small bowl and can be topped with diced ham and hard-boiled egg. The ingredients for the soup include tomatoes, bread, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Chorizo al vino: This tapa is made from chorizo sausage that is cooked in red wine. The dish is typically served in a small clay dish and is often accompanied by bread. The ingredients for the dish include chorizo sausage, red wine, garlic, bay leaves, and olive oil.
- Pulpo a la gallega: This tapa consists of boiled octopus that is seasoned with olive oil, paprika, and sea salt. The octopus is typically sliced into small pieces and served on a wooden board. The ingredients for this dish include octopus, olive oil, paprika, and sea salt.
These are just a few examples of traditional Spanish tapas, but there are many more to discover. Each region of Spain has its own unique dishes and flavors, making the tapas experience a delicious adventure.
En Speaking-English damos clases particulares de conversación en inglés con profesores nativos, donde en cada clase tratas de un tema real y distinto cada día.
Únete a nuestras clases de inglés online y solicita una prueba gratis de 20 minutos con uno de nuestros profesores. Será tu primer paso para dominar tu comunicación en inglés.